Former left-arm pacer Junaid Khan has taken up the role of bowling coach for Pakistan U19, stepping in for Rehan Riaz, who had to step back from the ICC U19 World Cup due to a family emergency.
Junaid, previously in charge as head coach for Islamabad Region, led the team to victory in both the Hanif Mohammad Trophy and Hanif Mohammad Cup during the 2023-24 season. With a rich history of 107 international matches for Pakistan and 189 wickets to his name, Junaid brings a wealth of experience to this coaching role.
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) had earlier finalized the squad for the ICC U19 World Cup, set to take place from January 19 to February 11, 2024, in South Africa. Saad Baig will captain the 15-player Pakistan U19 squad during this event.
Among the squad members are Ali Asfand and Mohammad Zeeshan, both having represented Pakistan in the previous U19 World Cup held in West Indies in 2022.
The team has commenced its training camp, which will continue until January 6, gearing up for the upcoming tournament.
Pakistan U19 support staff
- Shoaib Mohammad as Team Manager
- Mohammad Yousaf as Head Coach
- Junaid Khan as Bowling Coach
- Mansoor Amjad as Fielding Coach
- Muhammad Masroor as Assistant Batting Coach
- Umer Rashid Dar as Assistant Coach
- Hafiz Naeem Ul Rasul as Team Physio
- Usman Hashmi as Team Analyst
- Imran Ullah as Strength & Conditioning Coach.