The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has announced its Board of Governors (BoG) lineup ahead of the upcoming elections, as outlined in Paragraph 10 of the PCB Constitution 2014.
Following the nomination by Prime Minister Anwaar-ul-Haq Kakar, Caretaker Chief Minister Punjab, Mohsin Naqvi, has been appointed to replace the former chairman of the PCB Management Committee, Zaka Ashraf, who recently resigned.
The current PCB Board of Governors are:
1. Mr. Mustafa Ramday (PCB Patron’s nominee)
2. Mr. Syed Mohsin Raza Naqvi (PCB Patron’s nominee)
3. Mr. Sajjad Ali Khokhar, President Regional Cricket Association AJK
4. Mr. Zafarullah Jadgal, President Regional Cricket Association Dera Murad Jamali
5. Mr. Tanveer Ahmed, President of Regional Cricket Association Larkana
6. Mr. Tariq Sarwar, President Regional Cricket Association Bahawalpur
7. Representative of Sui Northern Gas Pipeline Limited (SNGPL)
8. Representative of the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP)
9. Representative of Ghani Glass Limited
10. Representative of Pakistan Television Corporation (PTV)
11. Secretary to the Government of Pakistan, Ministry of Inter-Provincial Coordination, or any other officer nominated by him as an ex-officio member (Non-voting member)
With Ashraf’s resignation, the oversight of PCB’s affairs now rests with Election Commissioner Shah Khawar. Clause 2 of Article 7 of the PCB Constitution transfers all powers to the Chief Election Commissioner in case of a vacant Chairman post. Shah Khawar is mandated to complete the process of electing a new board within four weeks.
The current situation suggests a potential opportunity for Naqvi to assume the chairmanship of the PCB. If the election proceeds as planned on February 8, Naqvi, having retired from the duties of caretaker Chief Minister of Punjab by that date, could potentially assume the chairmanship within a week after the election results are declared.
A governing board for the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has been established, with Syed Mohsin Naqvi and Mustafa Ramday nominated as its representatives.
The PCB Election Commissioner is set to organize a special session of the Board of Governors in the coming days to confirm the appointment of the new PCB Chairman.